Monday, June 9, 2008

Dani Garza - first week on the set of "No Boundaries"

What an amazing cast and crew I am blessed to be a part of!! From the very get-go, at the table read, we've all started to bond and become a family. The talent here from the actors to the creative crew to the grips are all STELLAR and dedicated. And already, it's showing in the work...

We've been shooting for approximately 7 days now, of which I've been on set for five. I haven't seen a whole lot of playback (by my own choice), but it's enough to see and hear the reactions from the creative staff who are watching. It's enough to catch tears in the eyes of the boom operator at the end of a particularly poignant scene! I always thought that playing for the camera (as opposed to playing for a theatre house) came with a regretful lack of audience. Thankfully, I am learning I was a bit wrong. ;)


On day 2 of the shoot, we found a beautiful location in Lancaster County - my own home!! Not only was I proud to include these gorgeous landscapes in the film, but we had some amazing talent on set.


Here we are rehearsing the truckers scene with Jimmy and Ingrid -- two actors whose great dedication helped make me look good! At the end of this day I was exhausted, dirty, sweaty, bruised... and chomping at the bit to come back for more!


Here's a sneak peek at some behind the scenes action! Producer and writer Violet Mendoza leads me and my co-star, Mark McGraw through a sequence of actions to be carried out in the next scene at the breathtakingly gorgeous Appleford Estate...


What a nerve-wracking day for me this was! But thanks to the miracle efforts of my costume designer Jaizelle Stendardo, and my hair/makeup artist Morgan Chalfant, I look cool as a cucumber sitting close to my amazingly handsome co-star as we rehearse the next scene...


These two lovely ladies bring honesty and sanity to the set every day and I thank God for them! Joyce Koh, and Violet Mendoza -- two of the masterminds behind the script since it's conception over 2 years ago...



And this is my valiant hero behind the lens, the incredible "Don't call me 'Sir'" Jake Willing, director. His handiwork is half the battle in bringing this story to life, and so far the results are breathtaking! It's fun learning to push each other's buttons off-camera too. :)


I don't have any pictures, but I can't end this week's post without mentioning the final day of shooting on Friday. Two amazing actors cast as my parents, Judy and Carlos, brought phenomenal performances, which always makes my job just that much easier. Many of us in the cast and crew had had little to no sleep, and that combined with the heat was mixing a delirious concoction. But these two actors brought their A-game and blew us all away!

After I coerced the creative execs into one last set of exterior shots on Friday evening, we called it a wrap for the week. I cannot get over how BLESSED I am to be a part of this project!!! Even my parents can tell over the phone how spoiled I am to be so generously taken care of and set up for success on this film. Already I am very anxious to see the finished product, because if it's even half as good as the looks on the faces of the creative team tell me it is, this is gonna be a great movie!!!

Stay tuned... more to come in week 2!

Be the FIRST to know when new updates are posted! Click here to subscribe by email!

No comments: