Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dani Garza - week 2 on the set of "No Boundaries"

What a scorcher this week was! A record-breaking heat wave swept Philly this week, and our film locations were no exception. It's been a really exhausting week, but the work we've pulled out has been sensational nonetheless, thanks to an incredible cast and crew whose tireless efforts and unending professionalism are turning out some of the most amazing days ever!


Thank God we decided to shoot indoors for the second-half of Tuesday. Here we're about to shoot a scene where my hair was supposed to look "slept in." So after dolling me up all gorgeous-like, I was then instructed to roll around on the living room floor and "get un-pretty"! Ha ha! The things we do...



This was the only opportunity I have had to work with John D'Alonzo (left, as Gene) on this project, which I've really been looking forward to after everyone raved about his earlier scenes with Mark. This scene required a roller-coaster of emotions from both Mark and I, and I have to say, Mark did some incredibly admirable work on this day... he had me in awe. (Even the lighting guy confessed he had goosebumps after one particularly poignant take.)


The creatives aren't just chilling here... they're making executive decisions that will shape the scene in a new way and pull even greater performances out of us. I wanted to include this picture just to make sure that Jake (director of photography), Violet (writer/producer), and Peter (audio) get their overwhelmingly due credit for their creative support and involvement.


After a long day of "being mad at each other," it wasn't hard to want to go out and have some fun! Here, Mark and I swapped sunnies and still make such a great looking pair! Don't you think? :)


Graciously, Jake and Violet joined the party, as we scouted a possible location for an upcoming shot... and took a moment to relax together.


A few days later, shooting exteriors at Isabel's brownstone apartment, Mark and I are getting ready for one of the most pivotal scenes of the movie. Thanks to the stellar performance he'd given at the last shoot, I was spurred to bring out the big guns on this day. Here, we're getting last-moment direction from the creative execs before Mark takes one last trip to makeup and the cameras start rolling...


Here I am with Victor Velez, who plays my cousin Martin. He and I have hit it off right away, both being November babies and working champions for latinos in film.


No actor's performance is solely his own; these folks in the wings are just a few of the team that helps make my performance the best it can be! Left to right: Esther (PR), Victor (Martin), Carol (set decor/props), Morgan (hair/MUA), Tatiana (Gloria), Tyrone (Maurice), and Barret (Peter-Pete).


Still shooting the second-to-last shot of the day at 10:30 pm, after two full 12-hour days of shooting outside in the scorching sun on a street with hardly any shade or breeze, each and every one of these folks is a trooper!

~ ~ ~


I can't believe we're already halfway through this shoot! At the end of every day, I look back and I'm so thrilled that we're capturing such amazing moments, but I'm always a little sad that we're another day closer to being wrapped. I know I'll actually grieve when our little happy family disbands. But I hope, instead of ending, that this is only the start of a great beginning. Already I'm looking forward to coming together again for the first screenings, the press appearances, and most of all the film festivals! I'm so proud to be a part of telling this important story, and I couldn't have asked for a better team to be surrounded by. I am truly blessed!

Be the FIRST to know when new updates are posted! Click here to subscribe by email!

No comments: